Monday, August 1, 2011

Let's Twirl Our Work Woes Away




It's Monday morning, 8am-ish, and it is already nearing 100 degrees. I'm currently behind my gray desk, looking at my gray walls with white whiteboards (go figure), encircled by the gray and blue chairs that rest on the gray and blue carpet. I'm waiting for professors to post grades so I can determine if any of my nitwit students are going to be ineligible for the next semester and all I can think about is this picture.

I wish I could be in a field, surrounded by color, lots of color, barefoot, twirling in a lovely pink two-toned summer dress with a fun umbrella. A picnic blanket with a cheese and fruit platter and a bottle of wine wouldn't be too bad either. Although, being a native Oklahoman, if you ever see a sky that shade of green, or any shade of green, you better take cover because a tornado is coming to say hello.

No comments:

Post a Comment