Friday, July 15, 2011

The Cool Style of Severus Snape

I saw Harry Potter last night!! I won't spoil it, but I loved every minute and I do agree with my brother that it is probably the best one. In honor of HP and the Deathly Hallows Part 2, I am going to forgo the Friday Fantasy Fashion post and give homage to my favorite HP character, Severus Snape. Alan Rickman, the brilliant actor who plays Severus Snape, is one of my favorite actors and is probably my favorite British actor. He does make a black wizards robe look powerful and stylish, don't you think?

My favorite moment in the novel Deathly Hallows is when Harry enters Snape's memories. We finally know the true, complicated character which is Professor Snape. Rickman reveals Snape's emotions, his undying love, his internal torture, his pain and surprising compassion perfectly; and then he reveals his patronus, cue teary eyes! I really hope he gets a nod for an award. I was thinking of those scenes on the way to work this morning and teared up again. I will miss you dear Severus, you and your furrowed brow, you and your calm, deep, stern lectures, you and your really cool ability to change into a black mist and fly, you will be missed.

The Story of Snape:



*Please click image for original source.

No comments:

Post a Comment