Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Victoria Beckham Style and Fugly Models

For some reason, people tend to have very passionate opinions about the Beckham's, both positive and negative. Having never met them (unfortunately) all I can say is that David Beckham has mad soccer skills, is extremely handsome, and has crazy tattoos that only slightly take away from his looks and Victoria Beckham (minus the Spice Girl era) has impeccable style. I love her designs, it's too bad you have to be tall and a size zero to look spectacular in them, but her style is sexy and classy with a bit of spunk. Perfect. Just take a look...


Red Carpet Style

Airport Style
  
Son's Soccer Game Style
Okay, this is just ridiculous. I'm ashamed of my jeans and t-shirt ways because in no way do I look that sexy in jeans and a t-shirt. Just for good fun, let us examine the Beck's Style...


David wins! Earlier today I was perusing Victoria Beckham's site and my plans on spending some lunch hour time day dreaming of a time when I could both afford a Victoria dress, but also squeeze into one turned into a face contorted, "eh?" While looking at the AW/11 dress collection I couldn't stop staring at the strange alien, zombie models. Perhaps they are pretty without the odd, very unflattering make-up, but yeesh! (That collection of dresses wasn't much to look at either). So, I started looking at some other designer collections and noticed a disturbing trend: the use of Fugly models.

I suppose I understand the theory that a designer wants people looking at the clothes and not the model, but why go the extreme opposite of beautiful to fugly? Drop it down a notch to pretty if you are so inclined, but please leave my appetite. In addition to the fugly, these models were still anorexic, unhealthy, and to put it simply, skeletal waifs. According to the media (who 99% of the time is full of BS and on a bought agenda - I digress) the fashion industry was supposed to be edging towards "healthy" models. You know, people like me who are 5'4 and 115/120 pounds. Okay, maybe they'll still go for the taller lasses, but at least get some muscle on them. Am I the only one grossed out by this?

*Please click on images to view my "original" source. My computer was misbehaving, if the links on the pictures do not work, all images can be found on Google Image Search.

No comments:

Post a Comment