Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Pier One - Moroccan Lanterns

I have had my eye on these Moroccan Lanterns from Pier One for over six months now. I first spotted them when I was shopping for Christmas presents for friends. Every time I am in the store I find myself standing in front of them, desperately trying to think of a place in my home where they could be displayed in all of their glory. They are beautiful, I love the vibrant colors and can only imagine how gorgeous they must look when lit.

But alas, my color scheme at home is taupe, deep reds, greens, and browns. The patio! Sure, I can make them work in the back yard, how wonderfully whimsical they would be shining in the twilight as the BBQ coals burn out and our laughter and clinking wine glasses can be heard through the night air. O, frabjous evening! Callooh! Callay! Then my daydream is imploded by the football my two year old just threw glancing across my nose. Okay, well I can't put them on the table out back, but perhaps I can hang them from the covered patio. Then a gust of wind knocks over one of the very heavy patio chairs and again I sigh, defeated. Living in the middle of tornado alley greatly hinders any hanging outdoor decor. I'm lucky my hummingbird feeder is still in one piece.

So, I will continue to stare and try to think of a concrete reason, other than "but I want them", to purchase these lovely lanterns. I would also really appreciate any ideas or reasons you can give me.

No comments:

Post a Comment